12 Reasons to Use Magento for Your Web Store
Magento is a professional open source e-commerce content management system, which we can use as a very rich feature shopping cart application. We are going to discuss reasons to use Magento. It comes with a variety of tools and is necessary for building a successful online store. Magento has powerful catalog and order management systems, and is search engine optimized.
The following are 12 Reasons to use Magento:
- Multi-Store Management: The ability to control multiple websites and stores from one administration panel with the capability of sharing as much or as little information as needed
- Administration Permission System Roles and Users: Magento supports creating many admin users and can enable or disable specific sections for them (user roles). Orders can be viewed, created, and edited from the admin panel; admin users can create new orders from the back-end for any products and edit them.
- Email Notifications: Emails for new orders, shipments, and invoices, with the ability to generate each email template easily from the back-end
- Print Invoices and Packing Slips: Invoices and packing slips can be created for specific orders as pdf files, or you can attach them to the order invoice or shipment.
- Google Website Optimizer Integration for A/B: This helps website owners to improve conversion rates by conducting A/B testing and multivariate testing of their website content and layout.
- Search Engine Optimization: Magento is one of the most search engine friendly e-commerce platforms. It supports SEO in many ways like generating Google sitemaps, search engine friendly URLs, URL rewrite, and meta data for products and categories.
- Analytics and Reporting: Magento integrates with Google Analytics and has an admin dashboard for report overview. It can also get the reports of sales, abandoned shopping cart reports, best view product reports, low stock reports, best purchased product reports, search terms reports, and total sales reports.
- Multi-Tier Pricing: Magento can specify separate prices for specific quantities of the same product by customer groups. This allows for quantity discounts, as well as more general tiered pricing options.
- Marketing Promotion: Magento has promotion tools like auto-generated sitemap, up-sells shopping cart, cross-sells on product pages, recently viewed products, compared items, send wish list to a friend by email or RSS feed, and newsletter management.
- Catalog and Shopping Cart Pricing Rules: You can specify rules for discount rates, coupon codes to specific category groups, products, or customer groups.
- One Page Checkout: This greatly simplifies the checkout process, leading to an immediate increase in sales. Checking out is often the most complicated part of placing an order online, leaving many users to end up abandoning their order. Here all steps (logging/register, shipping, payments) are in one page and easy to complete.
We have discussed many great reasons to use Magento for your next web store project. Magento has some wonderful features and is easy to use for both the customer and store owner. If you have any questions, or if you are interested in building your next website with Magento contact iBCScorp™.